Did you know that everyday without you even realising it you are saying affirmations to yourself all the time. Unfortunately most of these are negative statements, that we have on repeat setting the tone for our day. "I'm tired" "I look terrible" "I don't have time," "I can't do this" and the list goes on. Affirmation are a statement of intent, that if repeated often enough shape our reality. YIP let that sink in, if repeated often enough they shape our reality. So the negative affirmations we have been saying to ourselves "I'm not good enough, I'm exhausted," "I can't afford that" these become the outcomes we start seeing more and more each day. I'm not sure who said it but "the words we speak become the house we live in" Our words, our dialogue (both internally and externally) become our reality. It's the law of attraction. Like attracts like, Negative affirmations, attract negative outcomes. But guess what positive affirmations bring forth positive outcomes.
Affirmations have completely transformed my life, the way I speak to myself now has completely changed the way I see myself and the way I see the world. I use them as a tool to shift my mindset, too put words to the vision I have for myself,. to support my daily intentions, and to help me achieve my goals.
Below are some examples of how you can use affirmations each day to support you in your everyday living.
HOW YOU CAN ADD OUR AFFIRMATIONS TO YOUR DAY.
- pour yourself a hot drink and sit outside in the fresh morning air. Sort through the cards until you find one that resonates with you and sit with that for a few minutes.
- write out your daily to do list, then find an affirmation that supports you in you what ever you have to do for the day. Repeat that 10 times then put the cards down next to your list. Now every time you tick something off your list repeat the affirmation another 10 times.
- Pick a card out of the pack and journal about it, write what ever it is that comes to mind when you think about that card.
- stand in front of the mirror and look at yourself repeating the affirmation you picked from the pack, repeat this at least 10 times.
- get everyone in your family involved, cover the cards over and then each pick one at random. Get everyone to read theirs out load and if they feel comfortable talk a little bit about what that card means to them.
Remember, you don't have to believe what you are saying at first, and it may even feel awkward and uncomfortable. But it does get easier as this practice becomes less foreign to you. Set this into your daily morning routine and watch as your mindset begins to change.